Certificate of Conformity for Exports to Ivory Coast – Effective 16 July 2018
Dear Valued Customer
The Government of the Republic of Ivory Coast (Côte d'Ivoire) has introduced the Certificate of Conformity (CoC) for all exports to the country to be effective from 16 July 2018.
The requirements for Ivory Coast are:
- Every shipment of regulated imported goods must be accompanied by a CoC.
- CoC is needed to ensure customs clearance of shipment.
- Any shipment arriving without the CoC will be rejected and penalties applied.
- This applies to all shipments with a BL date from 16 July 2018.
- The Certificate confirms that the products comply with the relevant technical regulations, national, regional or international standards.
To ensure that all cargoes discharged in Ivory Coast comply with the Verification of Conformity Program we are asking all shippers as from 1 July 2018 to provide confirmation that the CoC has been obtained prior shipment of the cargo. CoC can be issued by one of the authorized service providers - Bureau Veritas, COTECNA, Intertek and SGS. In case the shipper cannot confirm the CoC and the cargo is a regulated product, the shipment will be put on hold until the CoC is obtained. As it is the shipper's responsibility the Verification of Conformity Process is duly carried out, all costs and penalties due to CoC non-compliance will be borne by the shipper.
We will continue to keep you informed of any further development. If you have any questions, please contact your local ONE office.
Thank you for your support to ONE.
Please click here to download a PDF version